Anaheim Housing Authority
- New Emergency Housing Vouchers Available:
The Anaheim Housing Authority has begun administering new Emergency Housing Vouchers (EHVs). To learn about EHV eligibility requirements, how to be referred to the program, and to view the EHV Public Notices in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese, please click here
If you believe you may be eligible for an EHV, you must contact the Orange County Continuum of Care (OC CoC) by dialing “2-1-1” on a phone and mentioning the “Emergency Housing Voucher Program."
The Anaheim Housing Authority office cannot, and will not, accept any EHV applications directly.
- COVID-19 Waivers: To learn about the COVID-19 waivers and alternative requirements that the Anaheim Housing Authority has adopted under Notices PIH 2020-05, 2020-13, 2020-33, and 2021-14 please click here.
- Buena Esperanza Waiting List Opening: The Anaheim Housing Authority opened a Project-Based Voucher (PBV) waiting list for the Buena Esperanza development on April 8, 2021. Applicants must be chronically homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. Applications will only be accepted through the OC Coordinated Entry System. To learn more about how you can apply and to view the public notices, please click here.
- Accessibility: If you are a person with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to access any of our programs OR if you require assistance in a different language, please call 714-765-4320.
To help slow the spread of COVID-19, the Anaheim Housing Authority (AHA) office is currently open by appointment only.
The AHA staff remain committed to helping you:
- We are currently offering in-person, phone, and video (Zoom) call appointments. No walk-ins are accepted during this time. To schedule an appointment, please click here
Current participants of AHA rental assistance programs must contact their Housing Specialist directly to make an appointment
- Staff continue to answer phones and emails Monday-Friday 8 am-5 pm
- Staff can provide forms via mail, fax, or email
- Current program participants can complete their annual recertification by mail. You Housing Specialist will contact you if necessary.
- Program participants, vendors, and applicants submit documents via:
- Drop-Box located on the first-floor lobby at: 201 S. Anaheim Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92805
- Mail: 201 S. Anaheim Blvd. Suite 201 Anaheim, CA 92805
- Fax: (714) 765-4643
- Email their Housing Specialist directly
Anaheim Housing Authority
The Anaheim Housing Authority administers federally-funded programs and grants allocated by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in the City of Anaheim, CA. The Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program offers two housing options: tenant-based and project-based. The tenant-based program allows assisted households to use a rental assistance voucher in open rental market units. And the project-based program ties a voucher to a specific unit in which an assisted household can move into. More information regarding each program can be found below.
Housing Programs include: