Personal Use EV Charger Rebates
Receive up to $400 or $1,000
subject to availability of funds.
Anaheim Public Utilities is offering rebates to Customers (both residential and business) who install Level 2 (240-Volt) plug-in Electric Vehicle (EV) Chargers. Under this program, Anaheim will reimburse customers for out-of-pocket expenses per EV charger, and the charging facility may be used for personal or business purposes without being made available to the public.
Customers will be reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses.
- Up to $400 per any Level 2 EV Charger for Customers not participating in Developmental Domestic Time of Use Rate, Developmental Domestic EV Rate, or Developmental Non-Domestic EV Rate
- Up to $1,000 per Networked Charger and the Customer must also sign up for a Developmental Domestic Time of Use Rate, Developmental Domestic EV Rate, or Developmental Non-Domestic EV Rate as applicable
- An additional $2,000 for upgrading service, electrical panels, and other items related to obtaining service to EV Chargers, subject to Utilities approval – for Customers who are on an applicable Developmental Domestic EV Rate or Developmental Non-Domestic EV Rate
Find out more by calling 714-765-4250 or email us.
Plug-In Electric Vehicle Charger Rebate Program Steps.
- Obtain an Anaheim building permit for the installation of your new EV charger at 200 South Anaheim Blvd., Anaheim CA 92805. All permit fees will be paid by Anaheim. If you have any questions about the permitting process please call Anaheim Building Services at 714-765-5153
- Install your new EV charger in accordance with applicable building codes.
- Fill out a EV Charger Rebate Application and submit the completed application along with all supporting documentation to:
201 South Anaheim Boulevard
Anaheim, CA 92805
Supporting documents required include:
- All charging station purchase and installation receipts
- Copy of Building Department Permit Card showing final sign off
- Copy of your Anaheim Public Utilities bill
- Photo of the installed PEV charging station
- Photo of the serial number on your charger
- Anaheim Public Utilities does not warrant, endorse or assume liability for the quality, performance or safety of the Customer selected contractor and/or retailer or wholesaler. Performance of any product and acceptance of materials used is solely the Customer’s responsibility.
- Applicant agrees that any incentive may be credited towards any delinquent (as currently defined in the City of Anaheim Rates, Rules and Regulations) utility bill(s) for which the Customer is responsible for, whether the account(s) is open or closed.
- Applicant is responsible for obtaining all required permits from the City of Anaheim.
- Applicant must receive electric service from Anaheim Public Utilities.
- Applicant must submit all required documents listed to be eligible for a rebate.
- Applicant understands and agrees that Anaheim Public Utilities may inspect the installed EV Charger before the incentive is paid.
- Maximum of 2 EV Charger rebates per Customer.
- Prior to installation, the applicant is responsible for meeting all Program requirements and for checking with state, county or city governments and homeowner’s associations (if any) regarding:
- Rules and regulations
- The EV Charger must be installed within Anaheim Public Utilities service area.
- For Customers applying for an additional $2,000 rebate for upgrading service, electrical panels, and other items related to obtaining service to EV Chargers must be enrolled in a Developmental Domestic Electric Vehicles Rate or Developmental Non-Domestic Electric Vehicles Rates. The incentive offer is on a first-come, first-served basis and is effective until funding is expended or the Program is discontinued.