Rebate Guidelines & Application
After purchasing a qualifying Energy Star®-rated appliance, other qualifying appliance or eligible conservation measure, please follow the steps below:
*If you are applying for Energy Star-certified window rebates, you must also include a window incentive worksheet (PDF) (completed by your contractor) and the stickers that display the actual ultraviolet (UV) value and solar heat gain coefficient (SHGC). Both values must be 0.40 or less.
- Residential Incentive: Home Incentive Programs provide customers with rebates to help lower the cost of investing in high efficiency products and measures. The incentive offer is limited to residential customer for residential use. The appliance must be installed in a residential dwelling within Anaheim Public Utilities (APU) service area. A residential dwelling is defined a single family home, condominium, apartment, or mobile home permanently located within APU service area. The dwelling must be fully constructed and occupied (no new construction).
- Required documentation: This application and a paid sales receipt for each product must be returned to the Rebate Processing Center office listed on the bottom of the application. Online purchases require submittal of the delivery slip. To expedite your application, please upload a copy of your APU bill. Window rebates require submittal of a window incentive worksheet.
- Limitations: In order to qualify for the Program, Applicant must be an APU electric service customer with any and all APU accounts in good standing. The incentive offer is on a first-come, first-service basis and is effective until funding is expended or the program is discontinued by APU. Maximum of one application per measure type per account service address every 5 years, unless approved by APU. The incentive amount will not exceed the purchase price. The incentive check will be mailed in approximately 30 days following application approval.
- Installation verification: Applicant understands and agrees that APU or its representative may inspect the installed product for installation verification before the incentive is paid.
- Delinquent accounts: Applicant agrees that any incentive may be credited towards any delinquent (as currently defined in the APU’s Rates, Rules and Regulations) utility bill(s) for which the Applicant is responsible whether the account(s) is open or closed.
- Applicant understands APU may withhold payment of incentive until all of the conditions listed herein are met.
- APU does not warrant, endorse, or assume liability for the quality, performance, or safety of the contractor and/or retailer or wholesaler. Performance of any product and acceptance of materials used is solely the applicants responsibility.
- Applicant is responsible for meeting all program requirements and for checking with state/county/city governments and homeowner’s association (if any) in the area regarding local conditions, restrictions, codes, ordinances, rules, and regulations prior to installation.
- Applicant must submit application within 1 year of purchase of the product.
- Note that insufficient or incorrect data may delay your rebate check.
- The incentive offer is on a first-come, first-serve basis and is effective until funding is expended or the program is discontinued by Anaheim Public Utilities.
For assistance with your application, or for more information on qualifying criteria or the status of your rebate application, please call our rebate processing team at 714-408-4161, which is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding holidays.